[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-psc] bug tracker cleanup

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 08:02:14 PDT 2017

Hi Richard!

> Hi G,
>
> thanks for this update and your work in this!
>
> in Bonn, I assisted Juergen when we tried to handle a backup of the old
> db to read into a new Hetzner server (we actually already have one since
> then...). Point at that moment was that we were waiting for people to
> cleanup the wiki and plugin pages....

As we have to(?) stick with Redmine (rather then moving to github) and
try update/upgrade
the platform I strongly believe that we should do a deep cleanup of
our Redmine instance *before* upgrading. This would include close all
subprojects (asking kindly to plugin authors to move on to github, as
many have already done)

and -in my opinion-

all the tickets (at least the bug ones) that are years that are
untouched/not updated: I really can't see any advantage in keeping
open tickets that is clear now that no one will ever look at, and no
one (even the users) seems to be bothered by. If some of them is
really important this will naturally be reopened. If they are not they
can serve as reference, but closed, eventually with a specific text
stating the reason why it was closed.

> I think (Juergen?) that we actually were confident enough that with some
> hours of work (and Juergens Perl-magic) we were able to move the old db
> to a new RedMine instance.
>
> I cannot do this alone, but if Juergen is in Essen and free for half a
> day I think we should bite the bullet.

sounds like a plan? not sure if I can help with the above process, but
I could certainly with the cleaning before the update/upgrade.

looking for some consensus here, hopefully before Essen.

thanks

-- G --