[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-psc] bug tracker cleanup

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 08:08:31 PDT 2017

> Il 27/03/2017 12:02, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
>
>> this thread didn't get the traction I was hooping for, is this a
>> indication that is a general opinion that all the fixing effort should
>> be focused on qgis3 and not also on the next LTR?
>
> agreed, I'm also surprised (the list seems less reactive on several
> subjects lately), and thanks for your perseverance in tracking this
> important issue.

> bad stuff indeed. so the above does not hit Q3, right?
> a bit of a pity investing on a dead branch rather than on main trunk,
> but I think it is a necessity, now that we want 2.18 as LTR.

since this email two more important regressions (in 2.18 since 2.14)
have been found and reported:

* "hidden" widget is broken
* maptips with expression to show local images is broken

> it makes sense, but in spipte of our efforts, many plugins still rely on
> this, and I do not think it's a good move just to shut them down

"just" shut them down no, we can send a mail and say that they will be
shut down. Moving is something that many have already done (for
instance I was forced because someone had deleted a repo of mine on
Redmine, but I dind't made any fuss about it). Making the
platform/redmine update/upgrade and leaving the mess that there is now
it would be really a pity.

> not sure about this: if they still make sense, I'd prefer to keep them.
> e.g. the second oldest is still valid, and helps us remembering about a
> real issue:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/167
> I understand keeping the list short is a major advantage, but removing
> issues like this is not an advantage for the project IMHO.

see my previous email. If no one cares (not even the users), why keep
them open? they can serve well as reference even closed, and if they
are really important bugs they will be naturally reopened.

One way or the other a decision must be taken.

-- G --