[Qgis-developer] Raster to Vector conversion

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Thu Apr 13 00:48:46 PDT 2017

Hi Sai Harsh,

I would start by learning OpenCV [1]. OpenCV is a sophisticated image
processing library with Python bindings you can use with QGIS. You can
write your own algorithm to isolate the roads. Search the web for object
detection and classification examples.
Machine learning is probably the best approach. You have already images
with roads, so you have many examples for machine learning (positive
cases). So, after playing with OpenCV, look for machine learning (with
OpenCV).

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] http://opencv.org/

Às 06:58 de 13-04-2017, Sai Harsh Tondomker escreveu:
> Dear All,
> I am Sai Harsh, an UG student in IIIT-Chittoor, India.
>
> I want to convert raster image to vector shape layer. I knew that in
> qgis this feature already exists but it's limited.
>
> Let us suppose If one google roadmap image is given as an input, after
> converting it into vector shape layer(using the existing conversion), I
> would like to highlight one road line(manually using attribute table)
> but it's not working. correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Can anyone suggest me how I need to proceed?
>
> I know there should be some image processing algorithm need to be
> applied, then followed by converting it into vector layer format.
>
> Which image processing algorithm I need to apply to get good accuracy?
>
> Awaiting for a positive response.
>
> Best Regards,
> Harsh
> IIIT-Chittoor