[Qgis-developer] New QGIS Generic Help

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Jan 13 02:11:16 PST 2017

Hi Matteo,

Yes, this is the idea as far as I understand.
What's missing is the concept.

Here a proposal:

 * Add a new helpTag property to the processing GeoAlgorithm class

 * Set the help tag to something like
    processing_algs/saga/grid_analysis/aggregation-index

 * Within our documentation server
   * Create pages where we have extra docs for algorithms
   * Add a rewrite rule (or some other script logic) to forward the
     browser to the upstream documentation, where no override exists.

What would also be nice if someone with experience and connections could
check with saga, grass, etc. how collaboration could work, especially
also w.r.t. to translation of algorithm documentation.

Matthias