[QGIS-Developer] Exploring the new node tool: questions and bugs(?)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jun 9 01:32:32 PDT 2017

On 09-06-17 03:42, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> Instead of a toggle, could we use some logic like:
>
> - no selection: edit all clicked features
> - selection, but no selected features exist where clicked: edit all
> clicked features
> - selection, where selected features exist where clicked: edit ONLY
> these selected features
>
> This way the "only edit selected features" behavior will only kick in
> when a selection is in the area being edited. It should avoid the
> annoying behavior where a selected feature on the other side of the
> map becomes the editing target (move tool should probably use this
> approach too!).

I'm not a digitizer guy, so I'm ok with this idea, although also a
little afraid it is a little too much 'magic' going on. Would it be a
lot of work to implement and test it in the wild?

What do other tools do (looking at users of Illustrator, Esri, AutoCAD
etc). As said earlier I think we should conform somewhat to known ways
of working...

Regards,

Richard