[QGIS-Developer] Let (C)Make run sipify?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jun 15 04:11:10 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 09:00:21AM +0000, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Le jeu. 15 juin 2017 à 10:13, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> a écrit :
> >
> > So rather than a compile error, you should get an automated build of
> > the missing files.
> >
> > Likewise, generated files should not be in the GIT repository (as they
> > are not things you want to edit manually).
> >
> > Is the above achievable ?
>
> Yes this is totally achievable. That's the option 4, slightly modified.

So my vote goes to option 4 - inlined for easy of access:

    4) cmake for both without sip in source
        - similar to above
        - is sipify stable enough? not sure.

> I'm just not very keen on removing sip files from source at the moment, at
> least until all files are sipified, but it should not be too long until
> then.

About the "is sipify stable enough?" question, you might have noticed
my bug report: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16710
It could maybe  be useful to have a component for issues related to
sipification, what do you think ?

--strk;