[Qgis-developer] QGIS Resource Sharing - GSOC 2017 (?)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:11:58 PST 2017

It would be great to have some coding efforts for 3D stuff in QGIS. It's a
deep and wide topic but it would bring QGIS to the next level ;)

Recently I've been working with Blender 3D (and OSM data), and I was
reflecting how would be great to have a 3D canvas with
front/left/rigth/etc. views to manage vertex coordinates... and one day,
maybe, meshes and volumes, etc.

giovanni

Il 2 mar 2017 22:43, "Nyall Dawson" <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> ha scritto:

On 3 March 2017 at 07:26, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> * Building on the work form Matthias Kuhn and Sandro Mani to improve and
mainstream the QGIS Globe 3D plugin

I'd change this to: "Investigate porting globe to the new Qt3D
framework and integrating with core QGIS as a 3D geometry viewer". I
think that's the path forward here!

Nyall