[Qgis-developer] PyQgsServerTest :: test_wms_getprint_srs disabled

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 23:53:55 PST 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Paul Blottiere <paul.blottiere at oslandia.com>
wrote:

> Alessandro,
>

> > do you have clue if the multi-threading rendering could be the root
> cause of this issue?
>
> The test is failing on travis for 2.14 too. However, PR about the
> replacement of the QgsMapRenderer and the parallel rendering activation are
> not backported in 2.14. So, as it happens both on master and 2.14, it seems
> to be independent from the rendering step.
>

> Only unit tests on the getprint service has been backported and before
> that, there was none. So I think that the failing test is just underlying
> an old issue which was there even before we started to refactor the server.
>

> What do you think?

I'm afraid you are right ...

It will be difficult to spot it out, by the way I think that the test did a
good work to discover this issue.

It sounds strange to me that it was never observed in production, but I did
not search the hub for an existing ticket, it might have been reported.

> Paul
>

> On 03/07/2017 08:16 AM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Paul Blottiere <blottiere.paul at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alessandro,
>>

>> can you please have a look?
>>
>> I'm afraid this failure is not a problem in the test itself but a symptom
>> of more serious issue: the map is completely missing from the generated
>> print.
>>
>> FYI, the same test also fails on 2.14 as discussed on the following
>> commit:
>>

>> I took a look but I cannot reproduce the failing test
>> test_wms_getprint_srs.
>>
>> Actually, I have tested it within the next environment without issues:
>> - master on Debian
>> - release-2_14 on Ubuntu.
>>
>> Can anyone confirm?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for looking into this, I'll do some local testing shortly, do you
> have clue if the multi-threading rendering could be the root cause of this
> issue?
>
> A s a side note, I would recommend to refactor the server test and split
> it in smaller dedicated tests for the different services.
>

> --
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it

Alessandro Pasotti