[Qgis-developer] Wiki page/area for 'Building QGIS from scratch'

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Mar 17 09:29:27 PDT 2017

Hi André and Mark,

Can you clarify on which systems you are working and which dependencies
cause headaches?

In many situations, a build of Qt is not required and doing this
requires deep understanding of all the involved libraries. I would
strongly advice anyone to first explore other alternatives before
starting the walk on this tricky road.

For reference, here is a set of script that is able to build many of the
dependencies (into a custom root path) for those who still want to do it:
https://github.com/opengisch/osgeo4travis/tree/master/docker/qt5/scripts

Best regards
Matthias