[QGIS-Developer] Release 2.18.8 on Ubuntu 16.04 dies loading delimited text file

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Mon May 22 16:05:44 PDT 2017

Hi

Last night I installed version 2.18.8 onto ubuntu 16.04 (via automatic upgrade).  This seems to have killed the delimited text provider.

Symptoms are:
    Open delimited text dialog
    Select simple .csv file with lat and lon fields
    Click OK
     ... QGIS dies immediately

Normal behaviour would be to open CRS selection dialog and then display the layer.

Note that existing projects with delimited text layers load properly and display the layer, so this is an issue with creating the layer, not displaying it.

I have tried removing and reinstalling QGIS and all its dependencies and the issue is persisting.

I'm installing from the http://qgis.org/debian repository

This was working without issue on 2.18.7.

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.