[QGIS-Developer] PSA: Developer docs for debugging python unit tests

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Nov 3 06:52:22 PDT 2017

Fellow developers,

we all spend our precious time on writing unit tests. And we want to do
this as efficiently as possible.

One thing that can really kill fun is if a python unit test segfaults.
Mainly because there is no hint by default, where to start looking for
what's gone wrong.

I just drafted a new section in the developer docs, how to run python
unit tests from within QtCreator, to help you spend less time on
debugging python tests and have more time on writing additional tests.

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/pull/479/files

Any feedback and improvement welcome.

Thanks
Matthias