[QGIS-Developer] Re : QGIS3D: Caching triangulation of terrain data

Jean-Roc Morreale (ml) jrmorreale_ml at enoreth.net
Fri Nov 3 11:24:43 PDT 2017

Hi Andreas,

If the point cloud data is static and used by several users, I usually
triangulate it once into its own seperate file (.ply, which seems to be
supported by Qt3DRender::QMesh) for further access.

For a generic cache, maybe 3D Tiles can fit the need for both mesh and
point cloud :
https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles