[QGIS-Developer] QGIS3D: Caching triangulation of terrain data

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Nov 3 09:28:55 PDT 2017

Hi,

While exploring QGIS3D more, I noticed that my terrain is triangulated
each time I load the project.

I wonder if it wouldn't be better to store this triangulation along with
the Geotiff storing the DEM, e.g. in a sidecar file. Terrain is pretty
static. We only get updates of our LIDAR data every 5-10 years ... it
doesn't make much sense to triangulate this data again and again.

Is this something that could be improved in QGIS 3.2?

Thanks,

Andreas