[QGIS-Developer] PROPOSAL: change how we manage the 3.0 release process

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Nov 6 06:02:54 PST 2017

Hi

On 11/06/2017 02:44 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> Can you point me towards the issue reports with the information from
>> the crash dialog?
>>

> I will try to report the crashes better. However, the crashes are
> often not so easy to reproduce and not so easy to describe what I did.
> But they happen quite often.

I understand your frustration as an early adopter, please don't get me
wrong. You report a lot and with high quality Please keep this up.

I'll have a look at those crashes, but let's keep focused here and
discuss the release strategy.

I think especially with the demand for stability you raise here it's
important that we don't talk about "lifting feature freeze" but about
what can we do to ship:

a) everything we want from a code-perspective
b) a high quality, stable release (on which we can and will also improve
in subsequent patch releases)
c) within a finite timeframe

Best regards
Matthias