[QGIS-Developer] Is the map preview in CRS selector dialog broken?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 09:09:06 PST 2017

Hi devs,

In QGIS 3, in the CRS Selector dialog of a layer (or global setting),
there's a map preview (thanks Nathan) [0].
Whatever CRS I select, in the first or the second table of CRSs, the map
preview always shows the whole world with a cross at the "center"[1]. I'm
on windows 10.
I'd expect it to zoom to the extent of the selected crs, lika a help tool
to select compatible crs with working zone.
Did I misunderstand? Otherwise,am i just impatient or is there a bug I
should report?

Regards,
Harrissou

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/5356
[1] Actually, it shows the world when it's opened from layer properties
dialog (or options dialog) and the map canvas extent when in project
properties dialog.