[QGIS-Developer] Deploy plugin by setting QGIS_PLUGINPATH

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 02:47:47 PST 2017

There are sometimes reasons why this method may not work (I think Ubuntu
does have a particular limitation in this regard)

One option is you can create a shortcut on the menu and pass the
variable value in that shortcut.

For example one of the Qgis shortcuts on the Whiskers menu in XFCE on my
computer uses this command to start a version of Qgis that I built from
source and installed to a different path:

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/patrick/apps/lib /home/patrick/apps/bin/qgis

where env is passing that variable into the environment that Qgis starts
with.