[QGIS-Developer] Deploy plugin by setting QGIS_PLUGINPATH

Zhang Qun zhangq.rhy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 02:33:11 PST 2017

Dear all,

I want to use the QGIS_PLUGINPATH environment variable to point to the
directory where my plugin are located but did not manage to get it work.

I'm on Ubuntu16.04 and running QGIS 2.18.

I set the variable in terminal by:
$ export QGIS_PLUGINPATH=~/QGIS_Plugins/rndf-editor/RNDFEditor/

and launch the QGIS in this terminal (I guess in order to get the variable
effective I have to run within the terminal right?)

$ qgis

But my plugin still did not get to show under the manu Plugin.

Can anyone advise me the correct way to do it? Thanks.

Best regards,
Zhang Qun