[QGIS-Developer] Windows QGIS Installer builds

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Nov 16 06:03:12 PST 2017

Hi Richard,

We/I have done so earlier from OSGeo4W binaries, using creatnsis.pl (meaning without compiling stuff ourselfs) while injecting use of --configpath option in the startup batch scripts). That was a quite OK solution until the number of relevant packages grew beyond the size limit of nsis installers.
In consequence, we moved to a command-line installation based on OSGeo4W that our IT can put into Windows SoftwareCenter and only kept  some customizations of the QGIS startup batch-files.

Now with the global options in QGIS 3 (https://connect.boundlessgeo.com/docs/desktop/1.1.0/system_admins/globalsettings.html) and having all configurations in a .qgis directory, modification of the batch scripts becomes even less needed.

I can share our general recipe if that should be of interest...

Cheers
Stefan