[QGIS-Developer] Qgis with ubuntgis dependancy broken

Walter Lorenzetti lorenzetti at gis3w.it
Mon Nov 27 23:59:13 PST 2017

Hi Patrick,

thanks for reply and suggestions.

I compile from source the development edition, but for server and
desktop I use repository.

I'll try your example if the issue continue for long time.

Il 27/11/2017 16:33, Patrick Dunford ha scritto:
> There is no mandated requirement to use the Ubuntugis repository for
> 2.18. The latest edition of 2.18 is available from the non-ubuntugis
> Qgis repository for xenial.
>
> Do you have that option available to you?
>
> If you need the development edition (2.99) unfortunately the
> developers are not supporting this on Xenial because of a package
> dependency that is not supported by the Ubuntu repositories for
> Xenial, even though it should in theory be possible to get the
> required package(s) from another repository.
>
> If you have used apt upgrade to update all the packages in your system
> at once, including new ubuntugis packages, don't update all the
> packages this way. Just update qgis by itself, and it won't pull the
> new ubuntugis packages if it doesn't need them.
>
> The more technically astute might try commenting out the ubuntugis
> repository from apt's sources.list files or fragments before issuing
> the apt update command, or playing with Apt pinning settings to
> prioritise repositories.
>
> Example: I installed Debian buster/testing and then attempted to
> install Qgis 2.99 sid/unstable. This told me it needed a package from
> Debian sid/unstable repositories. I changed the master repository for
> debian to unstable and then apt update tells me there are hundreds of
> new packages from unstable I could install. I only want it to install
> the packages needed for qgis so instead of running apt upgrade, I just
> run apt install qgis etc to only pull the unstable packages it
> actually needs for this installation, and then change the Debian
> master repository back to buster.
>
> The above options may not suit every situation where ubuntugis has to
> be used, obviously it does not suit your particular requirement if you
> have to have the latest ubuntugis packages for other reasons, however
> it may resolve the situation for someone else.
>
> On 28/11/17 02:23, Walter Lorenzetti wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Patrick for replay, I user ubuntugis for other project in my
>> work ..

Walter Lorenzetti phD
email: lorenzetti at gis3w.it
skype: aiki74
twitter:w_lorenzetti <https://twitter.com/w_lorenzetti>
g+:aiki74 <https://plus.google.com/117055903318462447104/>
Tel/Cell: (+39) 347-6597931
Viale Verdi 24 - 51016 Montecatini Terme (PT)
Nuovi corsi QGIS e GFOSS
<http://gis3w.it/it/calendario-corsi-software-geografici>