[QGIS-Developer] Feature freeze vs the growing PR queue...

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 23 22:41:02 PDT 2017

Hi Nyall,

I knew this discussion would come up soon ;-)

How about: your option 2) with a cut-off date - but only for PRs that
need/trigger an API change and without the merge would have to wait for
QGIS 4.

In my opinion, new features can wait for QGIS 3.2, but PRs that
introduce an API break should be reviewed by a knowledgeable dev and
decided on a case-by-case basis.

What would be a reasonable cut-off date? One additional week?

Greetings,

Andreas