[QGIS-Developer] About merging a commit to fix the bug #18132 in QGIS 2.18

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:38:24 PDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 2:21 PM, andreaerdna <andreaerdna at libero.it> wrote:

> Dear developers,
> about two months ago I reported a longstanding bug in QGIS 2.18
> (https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18132) about a wrong dpi resolution in
> images exported from composer.
>
> Two weeks later I sent a pull request
> (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6524) with a little commit that would
> fix
> the bug, and about a month ago Nyall Dawson (thanks you!) slightly revised
> and tweaked the commit (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6620).
>
> Since then, the pull request was not yet merged.
>
> I don't know well the procedures, so I'd like to know if there is anything
> have to do to get the pull request merged in time for the next 2.18 point
> release.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Andrea Giudiceandrea

Hi Andrea,

I'm sorry for the delay, looks like there is at least one failing test:
https://travis-ci.org/qgis/QGIS/jobs/354180088#L1367

this must be fixed before anybody could possibly merge.

If the failure is a false negative, you should just create a new reference
image for the the test (and possibly a mask image).

Unfortunately this is not trivial if you've not done it before, and
requires some time even if you've done it before.

See:
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/developers_guide/unittesting.html#comparing-images-for-rendering-tests

See also:
https://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/testDetails.php?test=68355414&build=312657