[QGIS-Developer] Working with irregular magnetometry data points - converting them to an image

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 08:42:54 PDT 2018

I don't know how many of you have worked with archaeological magnetormetry
data, but I have been asked to help with magnetometry data of the ancient
Mound Builders in North America. I am looking for some suggestion on how to
best turn the irregular magnetic data points into an image.

I see an Interpolation plugin that perhaps is the solution, but I also see
that it is not part of QGIS 3. Is this because it has not been ported yet,
or is not going to be porter, or is there a better solution?

I don't know if any of the Lidar tools would work for this or not. LASTools
is a commercial product and the locked version only works with small data
sets and adds noise unless you purchase a license. At least that is how it
was the last time I used it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Calvin