[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.18 EOL approaching?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Dec 28 09:12:37 PST 2018

Hi Régis,

On 28/12/18 17:48, Régis Haubourg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry to be late. Can anyone point me to the issues of QGIS server
> making you say it is not ready for production?
>
> OGC tests are running every night and work fine. I see only one issue
> with high priority affecting QGIS > 3.0 versions.

In fact I see only 61 issues:
https://issues.qgis.org/projects/qgis/issues?category_id=49
of which only 20 apply to 3.*. Régis, could you please have a look and
close the obsolete ones (there are even 6 pre 2.18)? Do you see any
blocker on the list?
So apparently it is in a good shape. The main issue therefore moves to
the clients: which ones are ready for QGIS 3? What is the expected
release time for a Q3-savy version? It would be great if at least the
most popular ones would be rady by the 2.18 EOL.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: