[QGIS-Developer] plugin causes 2.99 to crash - help?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 15:48:33 PST 2018

On 31 January 2018 at 01:21, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm converting qgis2web for QGIS3, and a lot of the work is done. However,
> the following steps cause QGIS to crash:
>
> 1. start qgis2web (Github master)
> 2. if Leaflet is selected, click "Update preview", otherwise select Leaflet
> 3. close the plugin dialog
>
> This crashes QGIS (latest nightly), and has done with the nightlies for a
> long time (issue raised here on 13 December:
> https://github.com/tomchadwin/qgis2web/issues/590). I therefore assume it's
> something in the plugin code which causes the crash, not in QGIS.

Actually, it's *probably* a bug somewhere deep in Qt/webkit.

I'd try some workarounds like intercepting the dialog close events and:
- deleting the web preview widget manually
or
- setting its html to a blank page

Hope that works. I understand how frustrating and time consuming
issues like this in the underlying libraries can be, and totally
sympathise with your pain.

Nyall