[QGIS-Developer] Last call for switching to github issue tracker

L.Bartoletti lbartoletti at tuxfamily.org
Fri Jan 12 09:21:29 PST 2018

On 12.01.2018 14:52, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi,
> I'ld like to raise a last call to switch to github issue tracker
> before the release.
> I'd like to summarize briefly why.
>
> Pros (to me):
> - integration with code and mainly with PR
> - avoid multiplication of platforms
> - so much more powerful (attachment, text formatting, referecing
> issue/PR, pinging people, fitlering/searching/tagging, possibility to
> plugin external issue management such as zenhub or others)
> - so much more responsive, mobile friendy and easy to use
Totally +1
When I show in formations where you have to / can make reports, ask
questions, etc., the users - who are not all power users, far from it...
- prefer user-friendly interfaces and a single source easily googleable.
Apart from the different forums or stackexchange, GitHub is the best
place to do this.

> - Github has a close-source [...] I guess it leads down to pragmatic
> vs ethical matters.
Open question: How do you feel, (Have you ever had any thoughts), about
migrate to gitlab (and using github as a mirror)?

Regards.

Loïc