[QGIS-Developer] Visual Changelog: ready? Move to Website? Or Not?

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Mar 19 07:34:47 PDT 2018

Hi

> On 16 Mar 2018, at 14:39, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I agree with what Andreas proposes, ie announce clearly a date to the end of April, then make a copy to the website.
>
> I still try to polish the changelog currently, some entries are hard to understand or deserve animated gif's and some entries can be factorized in one only for a shorter changelog. If the changelog is too long to be read, that means it is too long :)

I don’t think a long changelog is a limitation - in many cases this may be the only place where details of new features are available and enthusiastic users will happily pick through the details of the changelog to find things that are interesting for them.

> Another glitch linked to the validation workflow. When someone submit an entry, the entry disappears until it is validated. So that leaded to duplicates, probably because some thought they had an issue with the website.

As Etienne mentioned we will get rid of this soon - hopefully in time for 3.2.

Thanks for all your contributions!

Regards

Tim

> I would suggest that the validation workflow submits the new version to moderators, and that a copy of the old version stays published. A message to inform the author he needs some validation would be necessary too.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Régis

—

Tim Sutton