[QGIS-Developer] iOS prototyping

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 00:06:42 PST 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:52 AM Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your concerns are very valid, but could we defer this to a different
> discussion? I really want to avoid this becoming an us-vs-apple/debate
> about the merit of specific licenses, and instead allow it to focus
> solely on the question: "should the qgis org, with all the checks and
> balances it has in place, have the power to relicense the QGIS
> codebase (or not)"?.
>
> Nyall

I'm -1 on this proposal, it's not that I don't trust the PSC (that have
always done an amazing job!),  but perhaps because I'm Italian, I never
fully trust the "government", to me the GPL license is like the
constitution and it's there to protect from the possible abuses from the
"government".

Also, I particularly didn't like the "(8. Replace existing code from any
non-signing contributors)", it sounds like "you don't like that? We don't
need you".

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it