[QGIS-Developer] iOS prototyping

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Nov 9 00:21:27 PST 2018

Hi,

We talked about this very, very briefly on the PSC - and I can already
say that the topic is quite controversial within the PSC.

I really don't see consensus here at the moment. And even if the PSC
wants to move in this direction, it is the voting members who need to
agree to it - and I personally doubt that a majority of them would
agree. The PSC (or any voting or community member) can suggest such
changes, but it is the voting members who decide/vote on it.

@Nyall - if you want to raise such a voting, you are welcome to do so.
But it needs a proper listing of pros and cons of such a move - and need
to be prepared to give both sides (the proponents and the opponents of
such a change) a fair chance to raise their arguments.

There are other open source projects that did such changes - so it seems
to be possible. But there is a fair chance that it will create a lot of
harm along the process (e.g. split the community into two parts).

Andreas