[QGIS-Developer] Python API for 3D

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 08:09:57 PDT 2018

Hi Matthias

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 4:47 PM Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> I think that's a good move. Having an experimental Python 3D API is better
> than not having a Python 3D API. And if it's communicated clearly, it's
> every developers choice to build something on top of an unstable API.
> Just to ask, do you have clear plans for API changes or is it more a move
> to keep the door for API modifications open in case it turns out it is
> required?

I don't really have any concrete plans for API changes within the 3D
library - I just feel that it may easily happen in the future as we will be
adding more functionality or refactoring existing code :-)

Anyway I would try to keep the changes in API break docs so that devs have
some guidance in case there are some breaks.

Cheers
Martin