[QGIS-Developer] On github, gitlab, and imperialist nations screwing us all over...

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 02:21:38 PDT 2019

I would suspect that switching to gitlab would not be sufficient as it is
still with in the USA and would be subject to the same restrictions. Also
if self-hosting we will need to make sure it outside the USA.

There is also a suggestion that China could be added to the list of
"banned" countries too.
https://www.abacusnews.com/digital-life/chinese-developers-fear-losing-open-source-tech-trade-war/article/3011463
 While
this article suggests that no open source code is affected
https://www.abacusnews.com/digital-life/github-says-chinese-developers-are-safe-export-restrictions/article/3012452

Ian

Ian Turton