[QGIS-Developer] Linking layout and symbol legend

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:51:39 PST 2019

Hello everyone,

I have asked Mr. Dawson about this but I am aware that he is quite busy
with bugfixing and probably everyone reading this message.

As some of you might be aware I am trying to implement a way to evaluate an
expression in the legend.

Currently this part seems to be functional but I am currently stuck and I
can't seem to find an easy way so I'm wondering if this is a design thing
or I'm overlooking something.

What I aim to do is to get the legenditemlayout context and the
symbolLegendNode context in a common place to evaluate both of them.

In the element of the layertree folder there are a couple of place that can
implement the featurecount method, but it seems that those are separate.
And I find it strange that the symbolLegendNode is not linked to the legend
as it has its own separate tree when not using autoupdate.

What would be the best way to have both expression context?? Currently the
evaluation is done in the symbollegendnode but I could move it to the
legendModel, or just retrieve the generated string.

Cordially,

Alex RL