[QGIS-Developer] Why is .qgz the default format?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:07:15 PST 2019

Hi all,

No, Andreas, you are not alone. I was planning to write to the list for the
same reason. thanks.
I'm not sure how many users rely on qgd data yet, but I find it annoying
when using a simple and basic project to have it in qgz format by default
(and losing the so good "find and replace" in text editor).
Could we imagine to use by default the qgs format and when the user
connects to auxiliary data or anything that needs a qgd file, to propose to
either switch to qgz format or save the qgd file along?

Regards,
Harrissou