[QGIS-Developer] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 7 Report

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 11:48:38 PDT 2019

Dear QGIS developers,

Here is my 7th-week report for my GSoC Project[7]. You can also check the
project wiki page [3]. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement Week 7 Report

*Period*: 8 July 2019 - 14 July 2019

*Report*
1. What did I complete this week?
   - Porting billboard from QML to QT C++ [4] as my discussion with mentors
to start from outside QGIS first.
   - Learning GLSL
   - Add UI for the billboard options (very initial work only) [1]
2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - Move the ported billboard to QGIS code
   - Work on the applying billboard workflow
3. Is there any blocking issue?
   - Debugging in 3D stuff is not easy. Especially when something is not
shown up and no error message. I got an obstacle when the billboard didn't
show up. But finally Martin helps me, and it's fixed.
4. Code
   - Branch for billboard feature [1]
   - Repo for QT C++ billboard [4]
5. Misc
   - As I wrote on the previous weekly report, I only had a half time for
working on GSoC compared to the usual week.
   - PR for measurement tool is merged [2]
   - There are two small bugs in the measurement tools, I have created the
issues for myself [5] [6]. I will address it later.
   - For the next 3 weeks, I have different course schedule, so we will
move our weekly meeting schedule.