[QGIS-Developer] Is the measurement tool using proj library?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jul 18 07:38:10 PDT 2019

Hi,

We are having issues on the QGIS 3.4 release that the difference between
and ellipsoidical and planimetric distance (and area) is huge. Too huge.

We have this issue on Windows 3.4.9, but on Linux (a bit newer commit) I
don't have the same huge difference, but rather a very reasonable one.

I noticed that while the Windows version was built with proj 520 and the
Linux version with 493, so a bit older.

But I don't know if the measurement tool in QGIS is using proj at all or
not? If yes, could it be that newer proj releases made things worse
regarding ellipsoidical measurements?

Thanks,
Andreas