[QGIS-Developer] QGIS and MSSQL Spatial

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 23:52:13 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to the MSSQL server with QGIS native MSSQL provider
on Windows. Database server uses standard port, TCP/IP access is enabled.
After specifying connection name, host and username/password and pressing
"Test connection" button I get an error

Error opening connection : Driver not loaded Driver not loaded

On other hand if I setup a system DSN using same parameters and
specify DSN instead of the host in the QGIS connections dialog
everything works.

Am I miss something or native MSSQL provider works only with ODBC even
on Windows?

--
Alexander Bruy