[QGIS-Developer] Crashes on exit

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Jul 20 01:13:57 PDT 2019

Hi Nathan,

On Thu, 18. Jul 2019 at 20:18:15 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Yeah I know it was a bit much to have them included.  I will see what I can
> do with my install and hopefully get a good stack trace.

Oh well, several issues with the pdbs.

The setup.hints were missing from the release pdb packages in OSGeo4W - thanks
Hugo for noticing - so although they were there, they didn't appear in the
package listing (just the pdbs for nightlies).

After the migration to a new infrastructure some time ago the symstore redirect
that was originally in place to cover for the space issues that the original
infrastructure had, was not reinstated.  So the symbols weren't available from
there anymore either.

Expiry of that symstore was a problem too as the release pdbs got cleaned away
along with old nightly pdbs.  The latter needed cleaning as they would
otherwise quickly use vast amounts of disk space - but I found no way to
exclude the former from that.  So the symstore wouldn't not have been too
useful for the release builds anyway.

I've now introduced several symstores: one for each package (qgis-ltr,
qgis-ltr-dev, qgis, qgis-rel-dev, qgis-dev) and architecture.  And those are
built from the actual pdb packages on the download server after upload using
the python package symstore.  I think that package didn't exist, when we
started with the pdbs and the only way to built the symstore was using the
windows binary - so the symstore had to be maintained on the build machine and
rsynced to the server.  So that's greatly simplified now.

I've implemented 5ed9efb3b60 to make use of this in master - the release
branches will follow.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode