[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Crashing on startup on Fedora 29/KDE Plasma

Dylan dylan at neatmaps.com
Wed Jul 24 19:52:27 PDT 2019

Hey all,

I am using Fedora 29 and KDE  5.14.5 with Linux kernel 5.1.18-200. I recently
updated to the latest version of QGIS available pre-compiled in COPR (https://
copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dani/qgis/), 3.8 and cannot launch QGIS
without the application crashing. I downgraded to 3.4 LTS and am experiencing
the same behavior. I was able to run QGIS just a few days ago (not sure on the
exact version then, though), and reboots haven't fixed it. Similar luck with
full uninstall and reinstall. On running qgis, the stdout says:

KCrash: Application 'qgis' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/run/user/1000/kdeinit5__0
Warning: QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 22 and type 'Read', disabling...

Not sure how I can go about fixing this, I would really appreciate some help.
Maybe I should compile qgis myself and see how that goes?

Dylan