[QGIS-Developer] Quantile (Equal Count) broken or is data borked?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 16:02:07 PST 2019

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 09:43, Tobias Wendorff
<tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Am So, 3.03.2019, 23:50 schrieb Nyall Dawson:
> >
> > I'd be interested to hear which R libraries/functions you think give
> > better results then QGIS' current algorithms -- it should be trivial
> > to port these algorithms back to QGIS!
>
> Oops, I didn't want to give the impression that QGIS's algorithms were
> bad! I', only using the R  workflow because it gives me the possibility
> to save the bins directly in the dataset. In most of my cases, it is
> interesting to know in which bin a dataset fell (e.g. if I export
> the attribute table and work in Excel or other tools).

Sure, I don't think there was any misunderstanding here. Before you
replied I'd already meant to ask if anyone knew the corresponding R
packages we could check our implementations again.

(This also makes me think - we should expose these graduated renderer
classification techniques via processing)

Nyall