[QGIS-Developer] What to do about incorrect SAGA algorithms?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 23:10:29 PST 2019

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 11:45, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 09:36, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2. Copy the saga provider to a NEW "saga-next gen" plugin based
> > provider, which targets the current SAGA v7 .2 release ONLY. This
> > would be a community-maintained plugin (although, as a once off
> > goodwill gesture I'm willing to do the initial plugin setup and host
> > it on a North Road github repo). This plugin could be installed
> > alongside the inbuilt SAGA LTR provider without issue, but it would
> > NOT be included in a default QGIS install and users would have to
> > manually install it via the plugin installer.
>
> Here's an (experimental) working version:
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/processing_saga_nextgen/
>
> Seems to be working ok for the couple of algorithms I've run it with,
> but definitely experimental only for now ;)

And here's a PR hiding algorithms with known issues from the toolbox by default:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/9378

>From the PR:
"By default, hide algorithms with known issues from toolbox and add a
Processing setting to allow these to be shown.
When shown, they are highlighted in red with a tooltip explaining that
the algorithm has known issues.
To be used whenever an algorithm has serious known issues which make
it dangerous to use, and where
we CANNOT fix the underlying issues (e.g. due to issues in 3rd party
dependencies)"

Nyall