[QGIS-Developer] Red '__MACOSX' in plugin layer list

Thomas Baumann rdbath.regiodata at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 07:53:10 PDT 2019

Hi Richard,

yes for QGIS3 the OSMDownloader is one of the plugins with macosx folder:

check for QGIS 3.4:
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
MapsPrinter.0.5.zip
AzimuthDistanceCalculator.2.0.zip
OSMDownloader.1.0.zip
MongoConnector.1.2.0.zip
Socrata.2.0.zip
natusferaqgis3.1.0.zip
FS3.1.0.1.zip
geohey_toolbox.0.4.zip
qgisgbifapi.0.3.0.zip
HotspotAnalysis.1.0.2.zip
SleuthInputs.3.0.zip
ecovaluator.2.0.zip
Hqgis.0.4.1.zip
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

I adapted my script so it works for walking through the filesystem instead
of crawling through the parsed repository xml:
It walks recursive through your main repository folder and checks each zip
file for the macosx folder:
https://gist.github.com/rdbath/7f617d4d3b3417fdb50ae9048e2056cc

Listing the emails of the authors is something I can't do at the moment as
they are not part of the repository xml, so I have no access to the email
adresses.

I guess it's better to directly contact the authors instead of opening one
issue for each plugin, especially as a part of the tracker-url's in the
repository is not up to date.
I will write a seperate email about this topic in a second.

regards,
Thomas