[QGIS-Developer] Qgis 3.6.0 fail to read shapefile with python on buster

David Marteau dmarteau at 3liz.com
Tue Mar 26 09:38:19 PDT 2019

Hi devs,

We use to build docker images of the latest qgis releases and we have a regression  affecting version 3.6.0 official release on buster

Qgis: 3.6.0 on Debian

If we read a layer with python:

> layer = QgsVectorLayer('./mydata.shp')

Then the layer is invalid (no warning, no errors)

Doing the same thing on stretch + Qgis 3.4.5 (ltr) with same data work flawlessly and lead to a valid layer.

This was not affecting previous build 24 h ago (release end nightly-release)

The tests were based with shapefiles from testdata in qgis sources.

We are not sure it that come from Qgis itself or from a change on the distribution.

David,