[QGIS-Developer] Issues ID mapping (was: Post github issues migration clean ups - some proposals)

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Thu May 30 01:04:30 PDT 2019

Hi Sandro,

Às 08:36 de 30/05/19, Sandro Santilli escreveu:
> I was thinking that after migration it would be useful to be able
> to still follow a link from a commit log to its corresponding issue.
> > My understanding is that there's no 1:1 mapping between a Redmine
> issue number and a GitHub issue number other than using a lookup
> table (not included in QGIS source tree). Is that right ?

The mapping table (m: red x gh) is available at:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/141#issuecomment-496006337

I think we need that table and the commit date. Commits before 20190526
should point to GitHub issue m(red); after 20190526 should point to
GitHub issue gh.

It that possible?

> Is there any other way to tell which issue number refers to each
> tracker ? Like... is there a "biggest issue number" that we could
> use to distinguish between the two ?
>
> The use case for this would be to set up a redirect from
> issues.qgis.org so that whoever asks for a bigger issue number
> is sent to github. This would also simplify mapping of issue refs
> in commit logs from something like the Gitea mirror of QGIS, see
> this page for example:
>
>   https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/qgis/QGIS/commit/3f9a07e7
>
> You can see the commit log references #30003 issue number.
> Gitea was configured to transform that into a link to issues.qgis.org,
> but such link is a "not found" page:
>
>   https://issues.qgis.org/issues/30003
>
> An older commit, like this (not too old):
>
>   https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/qgis/QGIS/commit/f9810a453
>
> Also references an issue number (#14885) but in this case
> the link goes to an existing page:
>
>   https://issues.qgis.org/issues/14885
>
> The solution I'd see for this would be setting up a redirect
> on issues.qgis.org to do the second hop to GitHub when needed,
> is that possible to do at the moment ?
>
> PS: needless to say, if/when in the future QGIS issues will move
>     again we'll have NO CHANCE of setting up such redirects...

I'm trying to find old Redmine issue references and replace then by the
new ones, so everything points to the new ones. Commits messages are not
easy to change, since the message itself is part of the commit.

I've just made https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/30014 to have all
comments in code (and in tests) pointing only to GitHub.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

> --strk;

J. Gustavo