[QGIS-Developer] LTR management [was Re: Delaying 3.10.1?]

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Nov 27 14:51:41 PST 2019

> I think the issues are deeper then the crashes/projection failures
> fixed by the GDAL/proj cherry-picked commits.

Yes, actually QGIS 3.4 should not be affected by the PROJ fix, because it
uses the old pj_transform() API with doesn't trigger that code path at all.
But it *is* affected by exportToProj4() no longer returning +datum or +towgs84
in cases where it used to be, which basically makes working with anything !=
WGS 84 fundamentaly broken. The only "fix" would be to backport the fully
fledged PROJ 6 support of 3.10 which is obviously unreasonable to do in 3.4

> think we SHOULD drop
> Windows LTR support early rather than releasing a 3.4 build based on
> proj6/gdal3.

+1

http://www.spatialys.com