[QGIS-Developer] masks tooltip in Layer Properties

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Nov 28 05:40:03 PST 2019

Using the Layer properties dialog (in master), I spotted an item
'Masks'. Could not find any description or clue in the stuff shown.

But I saw that the tooltip of it shows (see screenie):

"If the remove duplicate nodes options is activated, duplicate vertices
will automatically be removed from geometries which are edited on this
layer".

Found a documentation item:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/4368

first question would be: what is it, but second question: is the tooltip
the right one? Is it a copy/paste thingie? Or is it just not (yet)
telling what this tab is for :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde