[QGIS-Developer] Plugin Manager can not see prod and testing plugin

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Thu Sep 12 12:28:29 PDT 2019

Dnia czwartek, 12 września 2019 14:15:35 CEST VOLPES-EXT, Jacky pisze:
> Dear all,
>
> I am developing a plugin and I want to install a testing version and a
> production version on QGIS desktop.

> QGIS Plugin Manager only shows one of the two plugins in the install view.
> I can see my production plugin when I remove the testing repository from
> the plugin manager settings, and I can see my testing plugin when I remove
> the production repository.
>
> How does the Plugin Manager detects that the two plugins are the same ?
> They have different names, zip names, and versions.

That unique identifier is the Python module name (i.e. the directory name).
The
zip file name should be either:
directory_name.zip
directory_name.optional_suffix.zip

Thus, what really counts is the file name *until the first dot*. If you have
two
zip files with different suffixes (after a dot), they are considered the same
plugin. Please note the plugin name (that human-readable name) doesn't really
matter for the installer/manager.

Plugin Manager doesn't fully support multiple versions, however, it can
support two, using the <experimental> tag:

Production:
	<file_name>myplugin.foo.zip</file_name>
	<version>1.0</version>
	<experimental>False</experimental>

Dev:
	<file_name>myplugin.bar.zip</file_name>
	<version>1.1</version>
	<experimental>True</experimental>

Plugin Manager always offers the highest available version, thus for users
with
experimental plugins enabled it will be 1.1, and for those with experimental
plugins disabled it will be 1.0.

Best regards,
Borys