[QGIS-Developer] Typed Variables?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 10 08:26:38 PDT 2020

Hi,

I have a question about the variables that can be defined on different
scopes. They are most of the times (or always?) strings, if I manually
define them - right? Some of the automatic variables might be of a
different type (like date, layer, etc.)

Can I also manually define a "typed" variable? E.g. a boolean true
instead of 'true' as a string?

That way I could directly use variables without having to add CASE WHEN
END statements ...

My use case would be to have a boolean "debugging" variable. If it is
set to true, then certain parts of the form with internal IDs would be
visible, if set to false, they would be hidden.

Thanks,

Andreas