[QGIS-Developer] QGIS for Apple: Intel vs. arm

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:32:29 PDT 2020

Hi Andreas,
I'm also worried about this move.

But one way to forward the cost to Apple is now to stop buying macs.
Sorry to troll, but the vendor lockin' nightmare they are building is not
of the same nature as of the powerpc era.
I sold mine because they stopped to support it though it worked very well
on the hardware side. And switching to linux on Mac is made hard on
purpose.. > never again for me, even if they do really good stuff.
I found in LENOVO some durable hardware, easy to repair, hardware that
works nicely and avoid me to trash a working computer.
Best
Régis