[QGIS-Developer] py3_env in Windows installers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Sep 8 01:45:21 PDT 2020

On 9/8/20 10:32 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
>> I know this was to be able to handle both py2 and py3, but I do not think we
>> need to use python2 anymore is it?
>
> py2 is still available in osgeo4w - although we don't use it anymore for QGIS.

IS it still used by other osgeo4w components? Would be nice to clean it out if that was possible (as py2 not supported etc etc)?

>> In that case I would propose to make py3_env part of the osgeo4w.bat file so
>> we can instruct people to just go to the osgeo4w bat file to eventually pip
>> install modules usable in QGIS?
>
> You could also just move py3_env.bat to etc\ini\python3-core.bat and create an
> empty py3_env.bat.

That is for this user yes? Or are you talking about in the sources?

I was searching for those files (py3_env etc) in sources:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/ms-windows
also googled
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w

but could not find it.