[QGIS-Developer] Plugin approval question

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 30 07:35:32 PDT 2020

On 9/30/20 11:16 AM, Statto Redistricting wrote:
> I fixed these issues and then noticed there was a typo in the email, a
> total mess on my end. Everything should be fixed now.
>
> How does the plugin approval process work? I think it would be worthwhile
> to add a paragraph to the website in case you don't get it right the first
> time, as I don't know if I need to upload a new version of the plugin to
> fix the errors I introduced the first time, or if someone who approves
> plugins gets notified whenever I change information on the plugin.
>
> I would be happy to write up a short resource if someone could walk me
> through the process.

Hi Statto,

When I google 'qgis plugin approval' I get:

https://plugins.qgis.org/publish/

If you want to add something there, I think(!) this is a static page in the plugins application, so admins should be able to do this. If you sent me better text (or admin at qgis.org) then we can add a paragraph or so...

Another page talking about the release process is:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/plugins/releasing.html

which can be edited via a Github pull request (or by sending me better text).

Personally I think it is better to change the page
https://plugins.qgis.org/publish/
to a shorter version with a link to
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/plugins/releasing.html

because the latter is/can be translated, AND is easier to fix/edit by the community?

Hope this is clear, if not just ping me.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde