[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] QGIS LTR releases -- is it time to pull the plug?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Nov 16 17:32:36 PST 2021

Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> writes:

> Hi Bo,
>
> On Tue, 16. Nov 2021 at 18:41:31 +0100, Bo Victor Thomsen wrote:
>> So yes, the LTR point releases are used. Not all point releases will be
>> installed every time, but some will.
>
> So you could agree that a monthly frequency it to high and a point release
> every two or three month could suffice?

From my view as a user and packaging in pkgsrc, every 2 or 3 months is
fine, especially if there haven't been any serious bugs.

My experience has been that the LTR point releases have all been totally
boring from a packaging/install point of view, which is good.  But I'm
just using the source tarballs, and my doing an update of qgis to a new
point LTR does not cause changes in dependencies.